Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Dare To Knit In Public - In Manila


Lion Brand Notebook sent me a notice about this year's World Wide Knit In Public Day. I borrowed the really cool logo above from there.

It's actually TWO weekends this June - 13/14 and 20/21. Amy tried to organize something last year for our little corner of the world, but I wasn't able to join. This weekend is tight, it being my dad's birthday on Independence Day and all, but the weekend after might work. MIGHT.

The last time I knitted in public seems to be at the dentist's office. Er... no. I think it was actually at Cibo Shangrila. I was knitting a baby sock while having a leisurely coffee with a childhood friend. Unfortunately, there are no photos to mark that event. I was also a bit afraid of spilling coffee on my knitting. But the admiring glances of passersby were encouraging.

I wonder what my crafter friends are planning.

2 comments:

Gene said...

If I get the chance to go out in those days, I might bring and show off my new Addi circular needles. Been using mine making basic swatches.

By the way, bought the needles in Dreams Glorietta and I mentioned that you influenced me in trying knitting, and they were like "Ah si Ma'am Mona" filled with adoration.

The Gravelcat said...

Woohoo! Congratulations on your Addis!

I was there yesterday. I bought the lace version size 00(1.75mm) that seems like it costs the earth, but when you go online you'll realize I saved myself as much as USD5 plus shipping.

Like I always say: if it's already here and the prices are good, support Philippine business!

Malalambing lang talaga ang mga tindera sa Dreams :)