Thursday, May 14, 2009

Knitful Thinking Wish Item: Vogue Knitbook

When I sign up to receive free patterns on sites, to post comments in their blogs, and to participate in their discussion boards, once in a while I get a very interesting email offer like this:


For a closer look at the fine print, click on the above image, which will take you to Vogue Knitting.

Occasionally I am lucky enough to find a knitting book on sale, but the average price would be around PhP150-250 for a softcover. Others (hardcover) would be discounted about 40-50% off from a retail price approaching PhP 1895. I actually ordered Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Knitting Book at full retail price from Powerbooks, but then as it's supposed to be a lifetime "stitchionary" resource, I didn't mind. I also did not want to lose it in the mail.

(The US dollar's down to PhP 47.25, but I think I've spent too much on fountain pens. No new pens, inks or knitting paraphernalia for several months. You'll be proud of me, I have successfully avoided peeking on eBay and online marketplace for these things like I used to.)

I suppose once you get a Vogue Knitbook, a coffeetable-style Finished Objects glossy photobook from MyPublisher would not be far behind... (I'm a looooong ways away from that at this point.)

No comments: