Monday, September 1, 2008

Beginnings of a Knitting Library






Yesterday at the National Bookstore Mid-Year Booksale at their main branch in Gateway I came across the ff. knitting gems, all for the shockingly low price of PhP 300 (approx. USD 6) and below!:


By Debbie Bliss (really popular kids' knitwear designer):

Easy Knits
Baby Style
The Baby Knits Book

Also in the same price range were:

Erika Knight's Simple Knits for Cherished Babies and

Lily M. Chin's The Urban Knitter

and at 40% off I got: (now reasonable at PhP 600 and below)

Debbie Stoller's Stitch N' Bitch Nation;
Annie Modesitt's Romantic Hand Knits and
Sharon Turner's Teach Yourself Visually Knitting Design

Prior to this year all I had to my name was a Reader's Digest Needlecrafts Book. I think it's important to expand my learning this way. If these books weren't on sale they would be out of the reach of most knitters (especially the hardback trade books). Our family will go to the Manila International Book Fair next week, and I'll see what I can get for a reasonable price there.

On my wish list, the classics:

Barbara G. Walker's A Treasury of Knitting Patterns series (particularly the first two); and
Elizabeth Zimmerman's books

And the wishing goes on.

No comments: