Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Stash: Lion Brand Cotton Ease


During my first meeting with Ines last Saturday I saw some Lion Brand Cotton Ease which Joy was currently obsessed with. Cotton Ease is 50% cotton and 50% acrylic, and best of all, machine-washable. Joy was thinking, perfect for baby blankets... I ended up buying two of Maize (color 186) and one Violet (color 191). For non-knitters they might seem a bit pricey (PhP 320 per 100g skein at Dreams in Glorietta 2) but if it's for your loved ones, they're worth it*. The softness is unbelievably good against your skin. Such texture makes sure all your knitting effort is appreciated long, long after.

Having just learned cable stitches I was thinking, perfect for a man's scarf! The worsted weight makes the cables pop out against the background, and it's a real classic. Originally I was thinking of it for my brother-in-law's upcoming birthday, but when Joy saw the initial stages of the project she suggested it would get more wear if I gave it to my dad instead, who travels regularly to Baguio. "Tatay has a dark blue sports jacket that's always in his luggage, the Maize scarf will look great with that."

Wish list colors for this yarn: Olive Green (color 132), Lime (color 194), Lake (color 110), Hazelnut (color 125), Almond (color 099).

*compare with getting it overseas via eBay and with shipping... getting it locally is instant gratification, you don't "lose" it in the mail, and the VAT you pay helps the Filipino economy.

No comments: