Friday, July 18, 2008

Work In Progress: Maize Cable Scarf


When I started knitting this scarf I thought it would be for Tristan's birthday, but when I showed it to Joy, she suggested it would be better for our dad PEC, who might actually need it and use it more each time he travels to Baguio.

Given that the stockinette stitch makes the edges curl, I will try to block it properly before presenting it to him. There's roughly 17" length knitted so far (I did the first 15" in one afternoon while watching the CSI Sunday Marathon on AXN). The cable stitch is "Coiled Rope". I cast on 45 sts using a double cast on (slingshot style) which should create a width of 9". The tension is not too tight. Most likely I'll use up both 100g skeins of Lion Brand Cotton Ease Maize from my stash.

It is so incredibly soft!!! I'll post more pictures when I finish and block. Hopefully that's by this weekend.

No comments: